This theme will turn any WordPress installation into a fully working classified ads site. Just like eBay or Craigslist.
You’ll find lots of features and it’s really easy to set up.
About 4 years ago I created a highly popular WordPress theme named ClassiPress. Maybe you heard about it. After a while I sold the business but I liked the idea of the theme so much that I decided to make another theme on the same concept but with improved design and concept.
My new theme is DolceClassifieds.
Your visitors will be able to register and post their own classified ads.
They can upload images, set a default image for the ad, edit the ad as many times as they want and they can even upload a personal avatar image.
You can charge users for each ad they place on the site.
You can also choose to make posting free but charge users for the possibility of showcasing their ad in the header of the site in a slider.
More than this, users can buy custom border colors or background colors for their ad, so they stand out from the others.
All the borders, backgrounds and prices are fully customizable by you, the admin.
The theme has one major color that is used thru out the site.
Changing that color is very easy and it will make your site unique in a heart beat.
You can also upload your own background color and the way you want to display it, tiled, fixed etc.
Visitors will be able to sift thru the classified ads by choosing to sort the listings by price, views or ending time.
If this is not enough for them then they can also choose to see only ads with products that are new, used, reconditioned or broken and if the user has invoice or warranty for the items.
City and country filtering and searching options are also available.
The WordPress theme is built with SEO in mind.
All the pages have the necessary H1, H2 and H3 tags.
All links have relevant title descriptions and all the images have relevant alt tags.
Category pages have a custom-built breadcrumbs navigation. This improves SEO and helps the user navigate easily thru the site.
No plugins necessary
The Classified Ads WordPress theme works right out of the box with absolutely no plugins necessary.
Everything is built into the theme.
If you do want to install your own plugins for extra functionality then you can do so.
The theme is built for easy translation.
All the words from the theme wore carefully compiled in one single file.
You only have to edit a single file to have your theme translated in any language you may wish to use it in.
If you do translate it and want to share your language pack then please contact us.
– english (human translation)
– dutch, french, german, greek, italian, portuguese, russian, spanish (machine translations)
Users can leave other user reviews on their profile page.
A review can be positive or negative. The number of reviews will show up on the profile page and on the item that the seller is advertising. This way, the users can see if the seller is trustworthy.
Features added in v1.4
– City and country sorting for the ads
– All cities and countries have their own page with ads.
– When a user ads a paid ad and does not pay immediately, he will see a payment button in the ad page.
– Expired ads have the buttons for upgrades and edit ad hidden
– Expired ads show a notice telling users the ad has expired
– Ad owners can now close the ad(force expire) before the ad expires.
– You can choose if unregistered users can post comments or contact the ad owners
– You can edit the currency list right from the settings page
– You can limit the ad posting to a certain country or just a small list of countries.
– Added language files(machine translation) for the following languages: dutch, french, german, greek, italian, portuguese, russian, spanish
Features added in v1.2
– Added a search field for location to the header search form
– When users post a new ad we now tell them their ad has been saved and they can upload the images
– Video URL support for youtube links like: http://youtu.be/9WsB1SoPYQ4
– Allow admins to set the currency sign before or after the price value
– Allow admins to set a default currency for the hole site and all the ads
– PayPal Sandbox feature for the theme. Admins can activate test mode so they can test the PayPal system.
– Let users choose how many subcategories to show in the header category dropdown list.
– Added an option to choose what happens to expired ads. Whether they should be deleted or if they should be kept on the site.
– Added a separate “upgrade ad” button above the user’s sidebar so they can see it better